Town Hall 7 (TH7) is when things start getting serious in Clash of Clans. Once you get to TH7, your base defense for farming and war base for TH7 should be strong to defend against all attackers. With the update a few months ago, it has become very important that you utilize your new air defense in the right way. Find out the best way to defend your TH7 base.
Building a great TH7 farming base defense:
Farming bases are a lot similar to war bases now that the new update doesn’t allow TH sniping. The best tips are to use similar war strategies for defenses. BUT you should be placing your resources closer inside your base instead of outside. You will need to place resources on opposite ends, so if they come in from one side, they can’t get to the other side to take ALL your resources. You will have to sacrifice some resources but as long as you don’t lose all of it. It is still a win.
- Use similar tactics and placements of bombs and defenses as war bases.
- Place resources on opposite ends and scattered. If they go from one side, they likely can’t kill your whole base with a weak army.
- Put dark elixir storage in the center.
- Like war bases try to keep your clan castle in the center so they can’t trigger them.
- Priority is dark elixir and your resources. Losing trophies unless you’re in Master League or higher, is not important.
Building a strong anti 3 star TH7 war base:
The main TH7 war attack strategy is dragons. For TH7s, you need to split up your air defenses and make sure your air sweeper is pointing to your weak spot. You never want to be pointing it away from your air defenses. Other ways to counter dragon attacks at TH7 is placing archer towers on the opposite side of where your attacker will likely drop dragons. That way, they kill your air defenses but still have to go through your Clan Castle and Town Hall 7 to get to your archer towers.
- Separate as much air defenses as possible but not too close outside.
- Put storages in front of air defenses
- Put a set of double giant bombs in a hidden spot. (HINT: Have multiple spots for DGB(Double Giant Bombs)
- Place archer towers to the opposite side of where attackers will come in.
- Place air sweeper on the side that is pointing against archer towers or air defenses.